Human Resources Overview
Welcome to the School for Engineering of Matter, Transport and Energy’s Human Resources. SEMTE HR is here to assist you with your HR needs related to payroll, benefits, leaves (sabbatical, medical and personal), retirement, leave and time reporting and hiring.
- We can assist with all hiring for your Sponsored Grants and Research Accounts such as hiring Graduate Research Assistants/Associates, Student Workers (hourly), Postdocs, and Academic Professionals.
- We also assist with hiring Teaching Assistants/Associates, Graders, University Staff and PRN (as needed) employees.
- SEMTE HR is your liaison with the International Students and Scholars Office regarding the processing of J1 and H1B requests as well as the process to obtain a green card.
- Offer letters are considered contracts and can only be generated out of the SEMTE HR office.
- Before making any offers (verbal or written), please consult with SEMTE HR